Sunday, January 21, 2007

 

The One on the Cookie

I am finally back after a long week of meeting and meeting and meeting.

I really miss planting my feet on the dance floor and to forget the long and tedious meeting notes that I have to submit daily. I miss indulging myself during my regular tea breaks on a nice and sinful chocolate cake from “Awfully Chocolate”. I miss my bitching sessions with my super heroes on the daily updates on the other super heroes.

I miss being back in my office.

I had a pretty bad tummy upset that day and I am not in the best of health for the entire weekend. I blame it on Mel Gibson’s intriguing and horrifying display in his new movie “Apocalypto” which bears resemblance to Harrison’s Ford “Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom” which shadows my childhood of terrifying nightmares. I blame it on the weather which is so damn unpredictable which causes a terrible bug across our island. But my final conclusion is that I blame it on my clients.


It was a Thursday afternoon and I am stuck in the meeting with my clients. It is pouring with animals outside the window and I am visualizing that an angel can save me today. I was vandalizing on the cold window due to the mist created from the very cold meeting room.

“What are you doing?” I heard a voice. Using my palm, I erased all vandalism that I created on Annoyed Reader off the window.

“Nothing, I am just enjoying the scenery. You have a very good view up here.”

Pretending all innocent and shy, I sipped on my coffee. I sat down and prepared myself for the next wave of a very boring meeting.

“Please help your self to the cookies”, my client said with a cheeky grin that flashed across her face. I bet she must have seen what I drew on the window.

Regardless, as a form of courtesy and not greediness, I decided to help myself to the cookie. I placed my hand on the plate of cookies and a sudden laughter ran through the room as my other clients walked into the room laughing at the top of their head. I guess it must be some weird jokes that they were talking about. A vision of them drugging me and raping me ran through my head.

I felt a tug on my finger.

“Is there a problem with the cookies?” I remembered my fingers still on the cookie while I froze in the same position.

I took the cookie and I sat down. I opened the wrapper and pop it in my mouth. Slowly and gently, I enjoyed the aroma of the cookie that fills my mouth.

I decided to take another one. Again I opened the wrapper and I pop it in my mouth.

Now I have two wrappers in front of me table. I took a sip of my coffee, trying to remember the sweetness of the cookie. I cannot seem to remember anymore. I decided to take the last cookie on the plate.

“So Johnny, you really like the cookie huh?”

“Yes, it is quite nice.” I replied, ashamed of myself for my unsatisfying greed.

“So James, how is your fortune today?” my client asked my colleague sitting next to me.

James replied, “Lucky”.

“So Johnny how is YOUR fortune today.”

Dumbfounded, I looked around and I see all eyes on me. I think to myself to see if this was a trick question. I guess not since James replied with such confidence. In order to take the safest option, I replied.

“Such a coincidence, I am lucky today too.”

The focus gradually diverted away from me.

I decided to investigate on the mysterious “How is your fortune today” question.

“Hey James, how did you know that you are lucky today?”

James replied, “It’s in the cookie. Your fortune today is in the Fortune Cookie.”

James took a look on the wrappers on my table while I hold a third unopened cookie in my hand. He said.

“Oh dear!! Do not tell me that you ate it!”



That explains my terrible weekend.

Tricky Descpicable Clients (TDC)



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unbelievable...

2:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh, u trying to be a-la-sibeh sian issit...

heh~

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how does paper taste? :p

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home