Wednesday, October 18, 2006

 

My First Salsa Festival

I understand all the local salseros and salseras are now blogging about the Singapore Salsa Festival 2006 that happened last weekend. Being a compulsive salsa addict I guess I have to at least crap about it a little. So here goes.

Shiok!!!

I am done. Thank you.



















































Well, probably a little more. As the name implies, it is an International Salsa Festival, so given such an opportunity, I will need to grab it and grab it well to dance with all the salsaras all over the world.

I have danced with some Ang moh dunno from which ever country or county they belong to? I salsa with Indians, Americans, Malaysians, Thai, Indonesians but damn it I could not find any Hongkies. Do you expect me to go up to a lady and ask "Are you from Hong kong? If yes, lets party. If not, I am so sorry, I am on the lookout for hongkies. Will you be so kind as to inform me if you happen to see ladies from hong kong who salsa? Thank you!" Damn it, these hong kong people are doing too much of those Shinobi actions to hide themselves.

I cowered at the attempt to ask Susanna or Edie or any of the famous instructors to dance. Well probably next year I guessed when I have summoned enough courage to not to embarass myself. Damn it, I saw this William Hung look-a-like dancing with Susanna and I personally think he is good. Have to start looking at William's Music Video of "She Bangs" from now on.

Next was the Singapore big thing. We conquered the World's Largest Rueda Circle with 176 couples. On top of that, we hold the record for the most number of calls and furthermore, we hold the record for the longest time in a Rueda Circle. Damn.... I mean our local PM should start talking about this on the next national day rally.






The next few pictures have been altered due to their ugliness. I do understand that thousands have been using their favourite cameras or camera phones or whatever kind of media to snap up some really memorable pictures for everyone. But damn the photographers if their hand shook really bad and the shutter speed is really slow. From my friends, I found two pictures of myself uploaded in some forum but damn...... both of my pictures were so so so so so damn ugly!!!

!@#$%^&*()_!@#$%^&*()_@#$%^&*()



And furthermore, both shots of me were taken when my eyes were closed. Although my eyes are not the prettiest part of my face but cmon give them a chance to shine. But anyway, after some extreme makeover, I have decided to put them here on my blog. Behold the LBS (Legendary Blind Salsero)




And as usual, I would love to entertain myself by making some lame jokes on my very good friends.



Hey hey, and there goes my long and short on my virgin salsa festival. And lastly, to all the salseros and salseras out there, below a quote from myself to a friend and I would love to quote it to the world.

I seriously think everyone out there are great dancers. Do not put too much pressure on each other or on yourself. Have fun and smile more. For social dancers at least, to enjoy and feel the music is of most importance. Relax, keep it cool. Everyone should be dancing like as per when we were just beginners enjoying the fun the excitement of a new move or a new partner. Go ahead and enjoy it.


1 Comments:

Blogger audrey said...

...

Ok, u win. :P

p/s: i didnt even realize that i do that with my hands! wow.

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home