Monday, April 09, 2007

 

Masha Ala Mak Bar Shiokura - Final Chapter

** Please start reading from Chapter One if this is your first time reading this. Click here to begin your expedition with Masha Ala Mak Bar Shiokura.

** This article is best read if you know how to speak with a French accent

Morning class, this will be the last Chapter of Masha Ala Mak Bar Shiokura.

I take each step with such weariness. My body is heavy and so is my brain. I only yearn for happiness but this pursuit seems forever. I spent a lifetime looking for someone special. And yet in front of me stood someone so unique and so different from the rest, I actually let her go. If there is a medicine that could cure me, I would spent my entire fortune on the pills just to make sure I was happy just like the way I was happy. I do not want myself to be happier. I only wanted to make sure that she stays happy. I only have eighty years to live my life; I do not want to spend the rest of my life regretting.

When I was young, my folks used to tell me a tale.

Ali Baba had a brother and his name was Ali Babu Seng. Babu Seng found a lamb and the lamb was actually a deity in disguise.

"For your sacrifice of not having mutton soup tonight, I will grant you three wishes", said the deity to Babu Seng.

"I want to have a very big plot of land so that I can make a lot of money" Babu Seng said.

"You wish is granted." The deity replied.

So Babu Seng owns a big plot of land and him and his wife slog hard. They grew everything that’s possible and soon they make a small sum of money. They spent everyday working together and the wife was enjoying the fruits of their labour.

Seeing the wife work so hard without complaining, it hurts Babu Seng that he cannot provide a better life for his wife. Seeing his wife’s hands getting rougher each day, it hurts him too much.

He decided to go back to the Deity.

"I want to be a rich business man with a big house so that my wife would not have to slog anymore." Babu Seng said.

"You wish is granted." The deity replied.

So Babu Seng became a rich businessman and his business gets bigger and bigger and his house became bigger and bigger.

Babu Seng was getting richer and richer but he ends up so much busier than before due to his business and slowly he neglects the wife. The poor wife living alone in the house gets lonelier and lonelier.

On her deathbed, the wife finally gets to see Babu Seng for the last time. She told him.

"Dear husband, I am happy that you have become so capable and so successful. I am sorry that I have to leave you now but I always hope that you will be happy. I have never regretted marrying you and you have once given me the happiest time of my life when you rubbed my hand every night after each day in the fields. I thank you." And saying these words, she left.

Babu Seng was heart broken and he realised he was the one who caused his wife to die in loneliness. He rushed back to find the Deity. "I need my final wish!"

"So what is it this time. You are now rich and powerful. You own the biggest plot of land any man could ever crave for. You are already the richest man in history", said the Deity.

"I want my wife back and I want her to be happy", said Babu Seng.

The Deity said, "Sorry one wish at a time. So do you want your wife back or do you want her to be happy."

Babu Seng thought hard and he did not know what to say. What would you do?




When my mum told me this when I was eight years old, I said I would ask the Deity for 3 more wishes.

When my mum told me this when I was eighteen years old, I said I would have asked the Deity to make me rich and powerful in my first wish.

When my mum told me this when I was twenty-eight years old, I said I would have asked to go back to my life when my wife spent the happiest moment of her life.


** Disclaimer: None of the above has been certified nor tested by any practitioner. Choose to practice at your own risk.

** This is the final chapter. We have gone through the beginning, the middle and the end. Now its time for you to start a chapter of your own and live your life the way you want it to be.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're certainly one heck of a prolific writer man

2:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want her to be back. So that I can make her happy. If she is not happy, I will let her go.

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home