Wednesday, April 04, 2007

 

Friday

If given no choice that I have to decide, I will always prefer to put on my dancing shoes on a Friday night as compared to any other day.

I love to go the Salsa Club on Friday.

T.G.I.F!

I love to go on Fridays not because it is freaking crowded and definitely not because it’s a ladies night on Fridays where the population of ladies are going to be like five is to one.

Apparently, Fridays are always extremely crowded and there would be no place to dance. Furthermore the proportion of ladies to guys are definitely way off my imagination. Some days, the population might go as crazy as one lady is to two guys.

But I still love Fridays. Why?

Fridays are the time where most of my crazy friends are around. Most of us are not really hardcore dancers, including myself. We yearn for a place to listen, to talk and to live a night of fun.

Let me speak for myself. Basically, you cannot dance much on Fridays, as it is really damn crowded. You see the Karate Kicks and Buddha Palms flying all over. You see your friend getting stepped on their feet and poked in the nose. You see them walking off the dance floor limping after a dance. It is so drama sometimes that I can always imagine an ambulance waiting right outside the main entrance.

“Man Down, Man Down. The nurse would yell.” Two nurses would rush in with a stretcher and help me up the stretcher.

“Please help me. I am dying. I do not want to die.” I would mumble.

As they held my hand, they would say “You will be just fine boy, you are in good hands. We will get you up and dancing in no time.”

I am out on a Friday to enjoy the music and dance to a few nice songs. I am not there for war to dodge the bullets and neither am I there to improve my reaction time.

Most importantly, why I love Fridays, is because of the people who goes on Friday.

I meet the wildest, craziest, funniest people on Fridays.

Since it is ladies night and they get all the free drink, most of the time, many really succumb to the temptation of alcohol and drink the night away.

When they go crazy, I know its time for me to get my beer and pop my popcorn. I will always try to get the best seat in the house and enjoy the show.

The most complicated instrument in the world is a human brain. Some people like to laugh, some people like to cry. Some like to smack my back side and some like to grab my chest. Yes I am talking about you who go crazy and touch my chest. If it makes you happy, as a friend I am willing to do so.

Even the tamest dog bites. Some people say pigs can fly. Even Archille’s has his weak spot. Why not you?

There are certain circumstances which forces you into a corner that will make you break. Regardless how strong you may have become, at the right time and at the right place, you may break. Fridays are always breaking hours.

It’s funny on stories that I may have heard or stories that people have said. In the next few paragraphs are some stories I have heard, some scenes that I have saw. Some of them are just a fiction of my imagination and some are not even true.



--------------------------------------------------

[Laura] “I kissed a girl.”
[Virgin] “Really? How was it?”
[Laura] “Kissing men is definitely better. Girls have lips too soft for me.”
[Virgin] “I don’t want to lose out to you, maybe I should go and kiss a guy and understand how it feels.”

--------------------------------------------------

[Laura] “I hate my boyfriend.”
[Virgin] “Why would you say that?”
[Laura] “He is too ugly for me.”
[Virgin] “Then why did it begin in the first place.”
[Laura] “He was very nice to me then and it was a time when I need a men.”
[Virgin] “So you think you do not need a men now?”
[Laura] “I think I need you now”
[Virgin] “Bitch”

--------------------------------------------------

[Virgin] “Do you think that man look like Jackie Chan?”
[Laura] “Where, where, let me see? Nah, I think he look like Jackie Chan’s sister?”

--------------------------------------------------

[Laura] “I need a man.”
[Virgin] “Look around, there are tons of man around here.”
[Laura] “I like man who are bald.”
[Virgin] “Here you go, we have our local Sunny Boy here.”
[Laura] “I like man who are bald and fat.”
[Virgin] “I will make sure he drinks more but let’s welcome Sunny Boy.”
[Laura] “I like man who are bald, fat and black.”
[Virgin] “I will make sure Sunny Boy tans more often but whether he is black there, I am not sure.”
[Laura] “I like man who are bald, fat, black and tall.”
[Virgin] “I think you are looking for the legendary Chocolate Marshmallow Man.”

--------------------------------------------------

Therefore what can be better than to wash off all the stress of work away on a Friday night and mess around with your friends.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sad Dude said...

I love fridays!!!! I love kicking the night off by shouting at the crowd, "GO HOME!!!!"

I like fridays for its different range of music spun by different DJs. And I like to chill out in a corner while waiting for the dancefloor to get less crowded in the wee hours of the morning so that I can sweep the floor clean with my shoes... haha!!

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home